Old November 27th 03, 06:59 AM
Richard Riley

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:58:48 -0800, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

:
:"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
:news :| I just got this one off the EAA Hotline. It seems that some noise Nazis
:| in MA are trying to do an end run around the Federal preemption of
:| aviation regulations by suing individual pilots who fly near their
:| property.
:|
:
:They argue that their property rights extend up into infinity and that the
ilots are trespassing. The lawsuit is purely harassment in an attempt to
:intimidate pilots. I would be surprised if any court is even willing to hear
:the case.
:

No stranger than the County of Los Angeles trying to get property tax
on satellites in orbit, because they belonged to a company with an
operation in LA. (Not the headquarters, mind you, just one plant.)