Old January 16th 04, 05:26 PM
Michael

"Al" wrote
Now that its cold again, my vacuum pressure gauge is acting up (again). In
the past, when it was cold, it would take a few minutes to come up to the
correct reading. Now, it takes about 30 to 40 minutes to come up. All
dials are OK, and when the gauge comes up, it reads in the normal range.

Any suggestions or good shops??? Thanks!

Assuming this is really a gauge problem (do the gyros spin?) there is
oil and/or crud in the gauge. The only fix is to disassemble, clean
with a solvent (acetone is a good choice, cheap, and available at most
hardware stores), and reassemble. Don't let the acetone get on the
cover (lens) because it will fog.

The most difficult and time consuming part will be removing the gauge
and reinstalling it.

Of course this isn't preventive maintenance, so I would never suggest
that you as an owner should do this.

Michael