Old March 17th 04, 02:11 PM
Bill Denton

How long ago?

Did you withdraw the money from a financial institution or was it in a safe
or something similar?

"Jon Kraus" wrote in message
I have purchased several houses with cash that were way over 10K and have
never had to fill out anything....

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL
Student-IA

Bill Denton wrote:

Couple of points:

The form had nothing to do with the bank. I guess you missed it, but 10 or
15 years ago regulations went into effect that required anyone withdrawing
$10,000 or more from a financial institution had to fill out a form and the
feds had to be notified of the transaction. The idea was to cut down on the
drug trafficking and money laundering. Of course, your average coke dealer
simply withdrew $9,995, went outside for a smoke, then came back in and got
the other $5.00. So much for that idea!

As far as asking for the money a day in advance goes, that's just common
sense. Banks get robbed. The more money in the bank, the more money that
guts stolen. So banks try to limit their funds on hand to what they think
they will actually need in a day. Try walking into your nearest Krispy Kreme
and getting 10,000 donuts right now. It ain't going to happen! Krispy Kreme
only makes the donuts the feel they will sell in a certain period of time.
But if you call and order them, they'll be happy to whip out 10,000 for you.

And for whoever might be of an argumentive bent, I already know how much
interest a zillion dollars earns in a nanosecond, but the "robbery" example
is also correct, so let it go.

"MRQB" wrote in message

They had me fill out a form for the government! Told me that next time to
call a day in advance so they could order the funds. They almost refused

give me over 10k at once told them it was my money and i want it now!!!!!!

said I dont care that I need to fill out a form to get my money so give me
my money or give me every thing in my account and close it they gave me

the

amount i asked for was more then 16k that i was asking for.

I hate banks for that reason.

"Doug" wrote in message
om...

What did the bank say when you told them you wanted to withdraw 16k in

cash?

"MRQB" wrote in message

Hello, all well I have been lurking and posting trying to find me a

low

cost

time builder well I almost have up the hunt, I went to bed early

Thursday

night woke up about 4am logged on to eBay and to my surprise a local

area

person posted a nice little low time 1976 150 called the guy at 5am

woke

him

up, he called back about 8 am I spoke with him settled on a over the

phone

price, price dependant upon inspection.

A friend and I drove for about 4 hours to go look at this bird. We got

there

before the seller and started poking around a old guy smoking a cigar

came

out and asked you interested in that airplane, said maybe can you tell

me a

bit about it. Said yea I can I just got done doing a major a major

annual to

it. Talked with him got all his info and he went away. The seller

showed

up

about 5 min later had all the logs back to new, I asked him if we

could

pull

it over to the mechanics hanger so I could inspect the airplane. Now

is

ware

it starts to get interesting!

He hands me the keys and says' s taxi it over and ill get you guys

some

screw drivers well had a problem starting starter clutch went bad?

Seller

acted like he did not know about it but since it was going over to the

shop

he had a A & P put a new one in and put an entry in the logs, Now with

all

inspection plates removed and new starter clutch the 4 hours pre buy
inspection is under way. Only 3 squawks were found but not an

airworthiness

issue's.

We put the plane back together and go review the log books well he

said

that

it was IFR certified well it was clearly not but it was in 1987. There

was

no damage history neither was there any missing logs and all AD's have

been

complied with. Went to the seller told him that it was not IFR

certified

and

started the negations. We settled on a cash price that was more than

Fair to

me tell you the truth I'd have paid $5k to $7k more if I had more

money.

I went there with cash in hand for price we agreed upon over the

phone.

The

plane had 3 squawks and was not IFR certified as I was told It dose

have

full IFR panel. I offered him a lower amount than we agreed on the

phone

due

to the discrepancies The seller declined after I started to walk back

the

truck to go home. The seller made a counter offer $50.00 more than my

offer

my friend looks at me said take it worth way more then he is asking.

So

went inside sat down at the table got all the paperwork done and

counted

out

$16k in cash we both signed a sales agreement he signed the bill of

sale

we

shook hands and now I own me a late model 150.

Times
4030 Airframe
700 SMOH Engine Compressions 74,75,77,75
100 ON New Prop

All around condition a strong 7.5 may an low 8

Fresh Annual Done Right!! Nothing Deferred, Airplane Has New tires,

break

rotors, wheel Barings, fuel line, fuel strainer valves, fuel gages,

steering

rods and boots, starter clutch, and a lot more, yes it dose help to

get

another set of eyes on the airplane as we found 3 non airworthyness

squawks

little things that dont really need to be done buy are getting done

monday.

I know i am happy I kinda feel guilty at the price i go it for.

Thanks To All The Groups Here For Putting Up With Me And For All The
Excellent Advice.