Old August 13th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Default Turboprops exempt...oh boy!!!

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 18:42:27 -0700, Matt Barrow wrote:

I prefer the proposed
method of removing ATC out from under the tutalage of Congress and making
it self-supporting.

Why? Neither the airlines nor the FAA have shown great skill in
running...anything.

Since neither the FAA or the airlines are going to/should run ATO, that's a
pretty lame.

Admittedly, neither has Congress. But at least we've
some input with Congress. We're nothing but noise to the FAA and we're
the enemy to the airlines.

And neither of them are the one's who will run it.

It would be far more interesting were the ideas of funding and management
held distinct. The idea of user fees has some merits that can be argued.
Handing management of our airspace over to the airlines, or letting the
FAA roam free of any real oversight, on the other hand, has none.

Andrew...if you don't know the composition of the ATO operation, well, hell,
keep on bitchin' and moanin'...

The worst enemy is ignorance and pork-barrel politics.

It would be fascinating to archive these threads and read them 5-7 years up
the road when the rationing is in full bloom and GA/spamcans are relegated
to VFR operations.