Old April 16th 07, 02:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
J.F.

Default How to decrypt yEnc?

There are free encoders. I bought yproxy because it had some features i
liked. You are right about the enhanced resolution. Large files opened
easily. I would like to add that I am not an advocate for yenc. Have a
great day!

"AWem" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:09:44 GMT, "J.F."
wrote:

I use "yproxy". It will cost $17 and it is well worth it. I used to hate
it when someone posted in yenc.

"Steffensen" wrote in message
.dk...
yEmc seems to be some sort of crypto - how do U see it?

This is sure to be unpopular, but I've seeing "no Yenc" comments -
rules, sometimes - on newsgroups for at least 10 years or so. That was
chiefly because people didn't want to pay up for it (or even, to pay
at all).

But the Yenc compression has very real advantages in terms of enhanced
resolution but with reduced file size; for newsgroup users who
download binaries, in fact, it's a real service.

10 years on and the world has gone from Windows Diddly Squat to Vista.
I think we should embrace the future. In my case, I paid something
minimal for a proper version of Agent (www.forteinc.com) and have
never given it a second thought in all the years since.

It's even more encouraging to see that there are free Yenc decoders
available now.

Andy