Old May 26th 21, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default Aileron "fences" for ASW-28

On Wednesday, 26 May 2021 at 22:52:41 UTC+3, soaringjac wrote:
Where would one buy these fences? I was told they are aftermarket mods, but it seems like every ASW-28 has them installed. Where can they be purchased from? I contacted Schleicher but so far have not gotten any response.

"In 2006, a project had been initiated to measure
the loss in overall performance by applying for
example four additional pairs of fences on the
wings of an ASW-28 (Fig. 1). The result was a
decrease in maximum L/D of about 0.25 points
for a singe pair of fences"

https://tu-dresden.de/ing/maschinenw...TS.pdf?lang=en