Old May 16th 13, 12:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

Default Butterfly vario side-by-side with ClearNav vario

On Wednesday, May 15, 2013 6:50:37 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Anyone used these two varios in the same flight? How do they compare?

That's going to yield slippery answers. Both instruments are evolving in time. Both have a huge number of user options to set. Given that, it's possible to get any sort of comparison (flattering or otherwise) you desire, so keep that in mind and ask question of the person who makes bold statements of superiority without disclosing a lot of tedious setup info.

We're flying the heck out of CNv at Sports Nats with an internal beta release and expect CNv-Club to be feature complete with a commercial release any day now. We're *extremely* pleased with it, but more about that later.

Good Soaring,

Evan Ludeman / CNi