Old October 13th 04, 08:13 AM
Howard

Without knowing the hull value you're insuring it's hard to tell if those
are good quotes, but generally those sound like really good numbers.

There aren't many other markets for aviation insurance. The ones you
haven't mentioned are US Specialty (USSIC), USAIG, London Aviation
Underwriters, Aerospace Insurance Managers and Avemco. London and AIM are
more specialty markets for hard-to-place insurance risks, so they aren't
likely to be competetive price-wise with the other markets. You can call
Avemco direct since they are a direct writer and don't work through the
brokerage system. Your insurance agent should be able to get quotes from
USSIC and USAIG for you.

Phoenix is an excellent company (I used to work for them) and they have an
excellent claims handling reputation.

Jon Howard

"Jim Weir" wrote in message
The BlueOnBlue 182 is coming up for insurance (hull & liability) renewal

in
about fifteen days. I'm very careful to get competitive quotes using the

same
coverage. So far it is:

Phoenix $805
AIG $920
Global $939 (current carrier with no renewal discount)

Any suggestions on another quote that can be done inside a week?

Any COMMENTS, good or bad, about the two lowest bidders?

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com