Old June 1st 15, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Oudie users

Hi Dennis,

I suspect that you need to setup your GPS status Nav Box to display all 3
rows. Then you'll see whether it is receiving primary or backup GPS data.
Go to Menu, Settings, Nav Boxes and edit the settings for the GPS status
navbox.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"HGXC" wrote in message

My Oudie is set up to use external GPS from my Cambridge. My process before
flight is to turn on the Cambridge so it will lock the satellites (start
blinking), then I turn on the Oudie. It always give me a quick notice that
it has lost the GPS signal and then it works fine. My question is ...is
there anyway I can tell from the GPS status box on screen what source its
pulling the GPS from?

Dennis