Old October 31st 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
LWG

Default Solar storms spell trouble for GPS

Something like that...

Are you thinking of tree rings?

I thought you were asking how naive I was to bang my head like that.
AFAIK, you can't determine age from core samples.

As for your phrasing, I have several in-laws that are Irish and would
phrase the question just that way! (You won't be havin' a drink, will
'ya?)

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"LWG" wrote in message
news How old you were?

22. During my second or third flying lesson.

A core sample does not come from the earth's core. It is a sample
obtained by core drilling. You can get a core sample from glaciers,
or
even your own skin.

I did that with a pitot tube once; took a core sample of my forehead.

Guess what they found?