Old December 19th 05, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Another Cirrus Down

Dave wrote:
I am not sure I would willingly fly around with this much life
endangering explosive products in the baggage compartment of my
Warrior....

When fuel tanks are less than full, one may have an explosive air/fuel
vapor mixture in them. And post-crash fires are sufficiently common that
I'm not sure why a ballistic chute system is considered any more dangerous
than many dozens of pounds of highly flammable liquid. Why would one
consider an undeployed BRS more dangerous than a fuel system on a crashed
plane?

[...]
Must be getting old, I'm having trouble understanding some things..

Me too. :-)