Old September 26th 03, 04:50 AM
Sonja Wong

Rich wrote:
The abandonned airport at CCR is at the Concord Naval Weapons Station.
It's on the VFR charts and there's a picture of it he

http://members.tripod.com/airfields_...nd.htm#concord

Embassy Suites is in that mess of buildings at the 237/880
interchange. It's shown on this map:

http://www.mastercfi.com/rhv.htm

Thanks for the tips, John and Rich. A friend of mine who flew out of
RHV tried to point out the Embassy Suites to me once, but I couldn't
really pick it out from among all the other clusters of buildings around
there. I wish they would just call it by the interchange--like HWD uses
the 580/680 interchange as a reporting point. It would be much less
ambiguous.

Then again, I had conflicting traffic report over 580/680 once about 3
seconds after I had reported only to look out the window and see that he
was over Lake Chabot! So maybe VRPs are only as good as the pilots
using them..

-Sonja