Old July 7th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

Default GARMIN GNC 300XL TSO - Using the PC Interface

It does not have a PC interface, but you can pull it out of the panel and
hook it up to a 12 volt power supply......that Garmin will sell you or you
can buy at Radio Shack.

Then you can program all the user waypoints and routes while in "simulator"
mode. This is also a good way to learn exactly how to use the somewhat
outdated and unfriendly user interface.

Karl, IFR GPSs I've owned and learned.......

GPS 155 (really bad software)
GPS 155XL, 300XL (slightly better software)
GNS 430 (Vastly superior software, but far from great!)
CNX 80 (Great software, but steep learning curve for non-FMS trained pilots)

"Curator" N185KG

"KevinBlack" wrote in message
Hi,

Club aircraft has a GARMIN GNC 300XL TSO which according to the spec, has
a PC interface. Is there any software out there that I can run from a PC
to enter routes, waypoints etc directly into the device? Having a PC
interface is one thing, being able to use it without resorting to the SDK
is another.

Not sure whether the device came with the appropriate cable, but I assume
you can buy one from Garmin.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin