Old October 24th 06, 11:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

Default Owner's poll

I have a 4 seat 1953 Piper Tripacer. It cost $17,500. I pay about $1000 a
year for insurance and about the same for an annual. I was paying $175 per
month for a hangar, but now I'm paying $50 a month for a tiedown. I was able
to use autogas for an hourly rate of about $12 to $15 an hour for gas, but
since the ethanol mandate hit my state, that's up to about $35 an hour for
gas. I financed it through MBNA for 5 years. The payment was $308 a month
and it has been paid of for a couple of years now. Medical costs $75 every 2
years and registration costs $100 per year (up from $75).

That's about it.

mike

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
If you own your own aircraft, could you discuss:

1. The make and model.

2. Whether you bought it new or used (if used, a bit of history on
it).

3. The cost to buy it.

4. The way you financed the purchase.

5. Your approximate yearly costs for operation, maintenance, and
insurance.

6. Your approximate yearly investment in training, licensing, medical
exams, etc. (to keep current as a pilot, as opposed to just the costs
related to a specific aircraft).

I'm just curious about how much it actually costs to own and fly an
aircraft. I get the impression that it requires either being quite
wealthy or making severe sacrifices and never flying anything better
than a junky tin can.