Old April 24th 17, 12:05 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Longley View Post
Hi Walt I am a tow pilot but don't have nearly as many tows. I do have a lot of total time and an A&P/IA.

I've given it a lot of thought and research. I won't tow with anything but a Tost tow hook for the exact reasons of your difficulty releasing. Of the three Pawnee's I tow with the releases are within easy reach from a normal seating position. I am adding a Tost hook to my personal Cub for tow pilot training . I intend to put the tow release within easy reach of my left hand near the throttle. There's a lot of leeway on where to put the release. An STC isn't really needed as installing a tow hook system is outlined in AC 43-13.

Just some of my thoughts. Hope they help.
Thank you Charles.....this is the kind of response I am looking for especially from an A&P/IA.

Walt