Old December 25th 10, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Rope Tension Meter for Auto Tow

On Dec 23, 6:37*am, STEVE SARGEANT wrote:
On Dec 19, 5:52*pm, " wrote:

We at the Fault Line Flyers Glider Club in Briggs Texas want to build
or buy a tension meter for our auto tow operation.

Does anyone have experience that might be helpful.

Bill Snead
6W

LCM Systems can offer various solutions, depending on what the force
range is that you want to measure.

Try this link for the sensorhttp://www.lcmsystems.com/sta-4

and for a handheld display, we would recommend:-

http://www.lcmsystems.com/TR150

You could but the complete kit, calibrated an ready to go for less
than $550

Could someone describe how you use the tension meter when auto
towing? Once you are towing at a constant tension, does it change how
you fly the glider on tow? What is the typical tension maintained
when towing a 2-33? Also some pictures how the electronic load cell
is rigged with the release hitch would be helpful. Thank for all the
good information

Bill Snead