Old January 7th 05, 12:03 AM
Greg Copeland

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 20:45:51 -0600, SSG B wrote:

all you need to do is get the conversion plug for the U-78 cord to a general
aviation cord, and then get an electret mic and install it. I did it on
mine, and it works great. I got the cord from www.Sportys.com and the mic's
from www.pilotmall.com I believe...Good luck.

First, let me say thanks for replying!

By any chance, did you look at using this? This is what D&C came back and
recommended.
http://www.davidclark.com/Store/Prod...x?productID=41

But you're saying that you used something like this:
http://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/1251
with a mic like this:
http://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/2162

If I did it my self, it looks like it will cost ~$82.00 + shipping. If I
order directly from D&C, it will cost ~$130.00. Hmmm...

I'm thinking the new mic sounds pretty good! That about what you paid?

Thanks again,

Greg