Old June 29th 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

Default HID Lighting Questions

Or you can go FSDO shopping. The FSDO of record on a job is where it is
DONE, not where the airplane is based. The hot setup would be to have YOUR
IA do 99.999% of the installation (say, leave a wire tied up but
disconnected and then fly the airplane to a friendly IA in another friendly
FSDO. Have your IA fill out all the bushwa paperwork in accordance with the
ones that have already been field-approved so all the other IA has to do is
connect the wire, sign the 337, and you are home semi-free. I'm sure that
there will have to be an exchange of slips of paper with pictures of old
dead presidents on them, but it gets the job done.

Robert, you are in SAC FSDO, are you not?

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message

A bunch of us bought them around here. The shops started installing
them until they realized the FSDO said there was no way they would
ever approve them. I know some FSDOs have been totally happy with them
but our FSDO doesn't want anything to do with them. Either call your
FSDO or have your IA call before you get into the job.

-robert