Old July 14th 03, 04:41 PM

On 14-Jul-2003, "Richard Kaplan" wrote:

Our electric AI isn't THAT far to the right. Actually, it's mounted in
the right-hand radio stack, right above the DME. (Arrows and other
Cherokees from the late 1960s on have a double radio stack. With modern
avionics

OK, that sounds fine... in fact perhaps a good location for others
searching for a location for an electric AI.

Yes, it works for us. Also, it should be an easy and relatively inexpensive
installation (unlike swapping instruments with resultant requirements for
changes in wiring harnesses).

In our plane, this installation also allowed plenty of space to install an
ON/OFF switch next to the electric AI. We leave it off when flying in solid
VFR conditions, with the understanding that this will extend its life. So
far, so good. It's required no maintenance in over 7 yrs/1400 hrs (knock on
wood).

-Elliott Drucker