Old March 14th 05, 06:38 PM
Montblack

Default I'm calling it The Little Mermaid

High Performance Aircraft out of Germany - HPA TT62
http://www.hp-aircraft.de/edoc/tech.html

Two Thielert Centurion 4.0 V8-Diesels - turbocharged and liquid cooled. The
engines are positioned side-by-side inside the aft fuselage. Each engine
drives a five bladed prop mounted on a pylon.

Looks like the Germans went way back to the drawing board, like 1903.

[Daydreaming] ...make it a single 4 cylinder diesel engine. Two pylon props,
two seats in tandem, FG, then give it a pointy nose with a sliding fighter
canopy. Now that would be a cool (looking) little plane. (Scroll down in the
link to the front-on view of the plane to see what I mean) Something the
size of an RV-4 would be good.

I'm calling it The Little Mermaid.

Wonder if for all the trade-offs and compromises, you gain anything with one
engine and two pylon props?

Montblack