Old October 21st 05, 04:48 AM
Bob Fry

Default Young Eagles + AvWeb

"M" == Montblack writes:

M "With 500,000 flights and 1.2 million kids safely flown as
M Young Eagles, we think our safety procedures are pretty sound,"

M That's more than 2 kids per flight. A. That sucks if you're
M the kid stuck in back. B. That number doesn't seem right.

M If 200,000 flights have one kid, that leaves 300,000 flights
M for the remaining 1 million kids.

M I've seen maybe 40 Young Eagles take to the air at ANE (Anoka
M County - Blaine, MN). All planes went up with one pilot, one
M kid.

I would think it would suck too, but a lot of kids will only fly if
their parents or school chums go along with them.

I've flown flights of 3 kids in a C-172 and 1 kid in a Cub or my
Aircoupe...I much prefer the single pax. I get the kids who are a
little braver and a little more independent (sometimes a lot more) who
don't have a need for the support of their peers or superiors. I like
that.