Old November 28th 19, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Pitot/static leak issues when using a "squat switch"

On Thursday, November 28, 2019 at 10:42:19 AM UTC-8, Charles Longley wrote:
So you’re the RAS police Darryl?

No, but when people keep posting confused/wrong stuff here, especially where it has the ability to affect safety, I will keep correcting them. Sadly I did not see your update before you posted, or I would not have said anything. Since you are an A&P IA I expect people in this community to believe you will get stuff right. And unfortunately amongst the useful stuff you post there are some posts from you about UAT Out use in towplanes (with no warnings about compatibility issues), this stuff, etc. many of which would be answered or clarified to you if you searched this forum for past threads. Other discussion on the pitot switches were posted in another r.a.s. thread just days, including where I quoted Trig on the updated GPS firmware not being intended for gliders with possible low/negative ground speed.