Old September 14th 06, 12:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Flaps on take-off and landing

Peter Duniho writes:

I lower the flaps for the preflight inspection so that I
can properly inspect the flap mechanisms, but then retract them after engine
start and before taxiing.

Doesn't flap movement require engine power?

IMHO, since you're not actually flying an airplane, I wouldn't worry about
it. Put the flaps down whenever you want.

The idea is to try to approach real life. Additionally, many things
are simulated. If adjusting flaps has a bad effect in real life,
there's a good chance that it has a bad effect in simulation as well.