Old January 14th 10, 05:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Global Warming/Climate Change (was contrails)

Gary Evans wrote:
"Only 19 percent of the ice cover was over 2 years old, the least in the
satellite record and far below the 1981-2000 average of 52 percent."

Finally, look at fig. 3 on this page:

http://nsidc.org/news/press/20091005_minimumpr.html

No good news at the NSIDC, unfortunately, despite The Mail's spin on it.

Eric, have you looked at all of the information on Rutan's web site?
http://tinyurl.com/pfy9tk

I just finished reading the Dec 2009 presentation. It was truly
depressing experience, because Burt Rutan has been one of my heroes.
It's sad to see him sucked into a field where he has no expertise, and
yet is so absolutely certain of his abilities, he thinks he can demolish
50 years of climate science, produced by thousands of scientists around
the world, in a few pages. Even with my very modest understanding, I
could see some grave mistakes.
There is just so much conflicting information out there and both sides
are soooo convinced that they have it right.
There appears to be just as good an argument on either side but as I
mentioned before religions require both faith and sacrifice.

There is very little conflicting _scientific_ information. There is a
ton conflicting _misinformation_, and plenty of confusion, and I
certainly do not think science is a religion.
If you
really think the ice is going away there are two choices. One is to
try and convince everyone else that they must join the new religion of
self-flagellation and some how turn this whole thing around by paying
third world countries not to cut down any more trees. The other more
direct action would be to measure exactly how high your house is above
the sea level and act accordingly while prices are still up. You do
live on high ground right?

In fact there much better choices than either one. 190 countries did not
show up in Copenhagen to debate about which to those two "choices" was
the best one!

If you want to discuss Burt's presentation, contact me privately. I
still think RAS is not a good place to do this.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA