Old June 22nd 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Wing Root Fairing

Bob Noel wrote:

I'm a bit confused. Other than the wing root fairing, the speed mods
(flap hinge fairings, aileron and flaps and stab gap seals) seem to be
easily worked without leaning over or sitting on parts of the airplane.
Am I missing something?

Also, I thought it would be easier to strip and paint before the mods

and one more thing, I had thought about having the paint shop install
the mods... don't know if any do that though.

If your paint shop is going to do the mods that's one thing....What I
was trying to get across is that you want to accomplish all the tasks
that require disassembing and reassembling of the aircraft prior to the
paint job. When the paint guys take it apart for stripping and
painting, you want it to go back together and never have to come apart
again....expect for maintenance.

Our client was the type that it had to be repainted first, then we tore
it down to hang new canopy glass, run new electrics, replace the
complete interior, change all the instruments and their wiring and
plumbing and on and on, all which required climbing all over the
aircraft right after the new paint job.

In my book, the last thing I want to do prior to delivering a
restoration is the paint so that there is less chance to damage the
most visable part of the restoration.

Craig C.