Old December 23rd 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tim Ward[_1_]

Default Hmmm a BD5J with zero hours FS

"Wayne Paul" wrote in message

"Anthony W" wrote in message
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

If the plane never leaves the ground it isn't an airplane as far as I'm
concerned. Think how easy it would be to just put together some

cardboard
and a light jet engine and call it the lightest jet airplane.

Couldn't someone toss a couple of those model plane jet engines on an
ultralight and take the record for smallest jet? It would take some
research to select the right plane but I'd go with one of Chuck's
planes...

Tony

Add a couple model plane jet engines to an ultralight and you would have
developed a jet airplane with the slowest max speed. You can file your

new
world record with "Ripley's Believe It or Not."

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com

Ted Ancona had an Icarus V with a couple of propane fueled jet engines.
The climb rate was abysmal, but it was loud.
I'm not sure what the weight was, I'm sure it was shorter than a BD-5, since
it's a tailless design.

Tim Ward