Old November 26th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Private Pilot Uniforms

On Nov 25, 4:26 pm, "Frank" wrote:
I am anticipating getting my private certificate in the not-too-distant future. I know this may sound like a real dorky thing to some people, which is why I am reluctant to ask my instructor, but I was thinking about getting a uniform.

I do not want to do anything against any "protocol", nor would I want to offend any career pilots or military personnel. Accordingly, I want to pose the questions for everyone here.

Is it permissible for a private pilot to wear a shirt and/or jacket that epaulettes with 4 gold stripes? I believe that gold is for "officers" (such as the captain of the plane) and 4 stripes signify the pilot (3 are for crew). Is this correct?

Also, is it ok to wear a pilot cap with generic gold wings to match the epaulettes?

Although this may sound a little quirky to some, I am interested in displaying how VERY proud I am, but I don't want to offend.

Who CARES what others think! : Do THEY pay the rent on the
aircraft?? Do THEY PAY your house payment?

SCREW THEM!

YOU are the PIC the Captain , the Master of your ship (Aircraft) .
So go ahead and get the uniform and ENJOY!!!! you only live ONCE!!!

I HATE to see SLOUCHES in shorts, tee shirts: getting out of an
airplane in a busy PUBLIC FBO ! looking like they slept under a
bridge, the 'DUI' look Unshaved! a blight on general aviation!

PERCEPTION is EVERYTHING!

The non flying PUBLIC see this DUI 'dirt bag' : SLOUCH, Bar hopping
look and
think this is how they FLY and conduct themselves! The Enemies of
General Aviation , Airlines et-al have converts to RESTRICT General
aviation!

We should look Professional when we Exit an airplane