Old July 22nd 08, 10:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_3_]

Default Leading Turns With Rudder

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:53:24 -0700, sisu1a wrote:

I'm not an instructor, but here's my take.

For my taste the earlier G103s, the Acro II and Twin Astir flavours are
rather under ruddered. I find that, when flying these, my turn entries and
exits are cleaner if I very slightly lead with the rudder. This is a
matter of just a few milliseconds: a tenth of a second at most.

Those are the only gliders where I think its needed. The G103C Acro III,
the version with Schuemann wing planform, handles a lot better than the
earlier ones and doesn't need this treatment.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. |