Old June 5th 12, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default thanks Soaring Magazine

Greg

On Tuesday, June 5, 2012 8:13:17 AM UTC-7, Greg Arnold wrote:
On 6/5/2012 7:41 AM, Wayne Paul wrote:
I guess this is one of the biggest differences between "Soaring" and
"Free Flight". If Tony Burton, the editor of Free Flight, hears about
something news worthy happening and no one submits an article, he will
write one. Notice in the "Free Flight" link posted earlier, Tony
authored articles.

Many decades ago, a SOARING editor like Doug Lamont was an active
soaring pilot, and both wrote articles and approached pilots about
writing articles. Now, it appears that the editor has no active
involvement in the soaring scene, and passively chooses articles from
whatever appears in each month's mailbag.

In contrast, to be news worthy in "Soaring", having the skills to design
and build a fabulous sailplane isn't enough, you must also be an author.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

"Bill D" wrote in message

On Jun 4, 11:24 pm, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
I don't really care that Soaring has given the HP-24 Project zero
coverage in Soaring Magazine. That is as I have come to expect.

But I think that Brad has been treated pretty shabbily here. His
Tetra-15 is arguably one of the best amateur-built sailplanes there
has ever been, and I think it would be nice if you didn't have to
subscribe to the Canadian national soaring magazine to read a few
column inches about it.

Thanks, Bob
K.http://www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24https...t/200931354951

Yours is a good story and it should be in Soaring. However, to get it
published, you have to write it. There are no reporters on the
Soaring staff. Just sending in photos won't get it done.

: You are just plain wrong. Just two months ago I spent a three-day weekend soaring with the editor of Soaring. I'll second what Bill said, though: if you want an article in Soaring, write it. I've done that several times. Fred