Old August 30th 20, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default A new Oudie for other users looks promising for glider pilots andmore

wrote on 8/29/2020 12:54 PM:
On Saturday, August 29, 2020 at 1:39:31 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Naviter seems to be getting more creative. They released a pair of Oudie 5’s for the hang/paraglider crowd that are interesting because they have FLARM built in! Think Oudie IGC w/FLARM.

They have also just released an app called See You Navigator that is available for Android and iOS! It is not a full fledged flight computer yet but does have a lot of nice features including integration with SkySight and TopMeteo and they are promising quick development of additional features.

Flarm appears to be "transmit only" per the Naviter site. Its a step in the right direction.

It may be only step required for a paraglider. The intention is to make
paragliders "visible" to fast aircraft, like gliders and airplanes with Flarm.
There is no need for receiving Flarm, as they do not need it's collision avoidance
features (due to the slow airspeeds and highly visible wings, I assume); instead,
they use FANET to broadcast their position and climb rate to other paragliders.
Pretty slick.