Old March 28th 04, 03:46 AM
Greg Burkhart

I have considered getting the RST audio panel kit but, with my current
setup, I don't "need" it. I only have the MicroAir com that has a built-in
intercom feature and that's the only radio in my Ercoupe. If I ever add
another radio then I'll probably get the RST kit.

"Tim Witt" wrote in message
om...
I am not a shill for Jim Weir but am interested in his audio panel
kit. How difficult are they to put together? I'm not an EE but I do
enjoy tinkering with cars and planes. I just bought a second Nav/Com
and thought an audio panel acquisition should be in order next
(airplane currently has separate switches for radios and a portable
intercom). It would be nice to clean up all the wires hanging around
from the portable intercom and headsets, too. I'll leave the
installation up to the pros but I'd like to save some money and the
kit route for the audio panel looks like a possibility. Jim's
comments are welcome but I'd like some input from someone who has put
together a kit and doesn't solder for a living. Thanks in advance.
Tim Witt/C-150M