Old July 11th 03, 01:46 PM
RM

Sydney Hoeltzli wrote in message ...
jacjohn wrote:
Ok...
With all the talk of "non-federal" towers, I got to thinking. What exactly
does that mean
to us pilots?

Maybe there are some differences in skill or training I don't see,
haven't met them yet though.

I recently took a tour of the soon to be opened tower at Denton, which
will be non-federal.

They're mostly hiring recently-retired federal controllers who don't
want to work odd hours in the middle of the night, etc. any more. They'll
have plenty of skill and training and will be working in a low-intensity
atmosphere. I don't anticipate any particular problems, other than those
generally brought about by continued population expansion.

At least they're improving the airport rather than building McMansions on
the runways.