Old January 14th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting

Default UAV's and TFR's along the Mexico boarder

"tscottme" blahblah@blah,net wrote in message
I know at one time the US deployed tethered "blimps" carrying radar to
provide radar coverage along the border, and even in the Florida Keys.

I've
seen the lighter-than-air vehicles while flying or driving in the area.
It's been a few years since I was near the areas. I'm not sure if they
still operate or not.

As of about a year or so ago, there was still one down in the Keys... The
one that is south of Houston along the coast, I haven't stumbled across in a
few years, but I suspect it's still there...