Old July 5th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

Default NetJets Layoff

In article ,
Jose wrote:

We all had access to any aircraft's information.

A gold mine. Nobody put two and two together?

As I wrote previously, I could only see one side of the equation. I
realized the investment potential, but didn't know the details.

To actually do so would be unethical and perhaps illegal, but I'm still
surprised it didn't happen. When you say "I could only see one
side...", is that because of your position? (would dispatchers have
been able to, had they thought of it?)

One could speculate as to the target business found in the visited city
based on the businesses conducted by the client. Given the potential for
diversification, there really is no way to be certain. I suppose the
flight crew might hear something and could pass it on, but I have no
idea as to the legal issues that could be raised.
Ethically, it's all about money. If I am speculating, based on knowing
that representatives from company A is visiting city X, it is my risk.
For all I know, they could be preparing to sponsor a golf tournament.