Old June 27th 05, 03:02 PM

I found it difficult, in practice, to pull the stick back far enough to
park the nose on the horizon. Very couterintuitive (for me, at least),
though I can see how any pilot at low altitude might let a canopy full
of terrain misinform his better judgement.

BTW, throughout a dozen or more of these maneuvers, the glider never
spun. I'll give details. And remember, the point of the exercise wasn't
to show how misapplied controls might cause a sudden spin (this was
more than clear throughout the maneuver), but what would happen if I
paid accute attention to coordination.