Old March 1st 05, 06:57 PM
Peter Duniho

"Chris W" wrote in message
news:LG2Vd.70$Ci7.38@lakeread07...
I was flying over Colorado in FS 2004 the other day and was thinking, if
this were a real plane and I were too loose power, what would really be
nice would to have the GPS tell me which of the airports had the steepest
glide to get to it. It would be trivial to have a feature like that. Do
any of the GPS units on the market have such a feature?

I've never heard of an aviation GPS that did NOT have a "nearest airport"
feature. The simulated GPS in MSFS should have that feature as well.

AnywhereMap (I think) has something they call "safety cones" (or something
like that) where they graphically portray volumes from within which you can
glide to a given airport.

Pete