Old April 18th 04, 09:35 PM
Matt Whiting

L Smith wrote:
Matt Whiting wrote:

darwin smith wrote:

If you've waited until little Debbie is pregnant, you've lost your
chance to prevent an
abortion, period. All you can do now is stop it, but don't call it
prevention.

Abstinence is strongly supported by all pro-life groups that I'm aware
of and it is the only 100% means to prevent Debbie from getting pregnant.

Abstinence is 100% effective ONLY when one is 100% abstinent. While
this might be
an admirable goal to strive for, it is also completely unattainable. The
sex drive is very
powerful, and our modern culture doesn't make the task any easier. Given
this, I would
prefer to give everyone as much information and as many tools as possible.

True, that as a society we've completely lost self-control and, worse
yet, we've even lost admiration for self-control as a virtue.
Promiscuous sex is just one result of that. Drugs, crime, etc., are a
few others. There's an old saying among quality control people that
"you get what you accept." This applies to human behavior just as much
as it does manufacturing. People like Deming, Crosby, etc., just
refused to accept that defects had to be a part of manufacturing.
Companies that followed their recommendations (most of which were in
Japan, unfortunately for the USA), increased their product quality well
above what others thought was even attainable, let alone economic.
Holding our kids and ourselves to high standards will greatly decrease
many of the bad behaviors tha are so rampant today. However, the
liberals have driven society towards a "if it feels good do
it/situational ethics" point of view and, as I wrote earlier, "you get
what you accept." Since we now accept almost any form of vile speech or
behavior, that is what we increasing get.

Matt