Old April 18th 04, 10:31 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"L Smith" wrote in message
link.net...

This seems to be boiling down to an argument over semantics,
where you choose to define terms in such a way as to give you
the moral high ground. Given that, please define, as precisely as
possible, how you define a "gay marriage" and how it differs from
a same-sex marriage. It appears that your definition is not in
agreement with how the general population interprets the term, and
until we understand your definition any meaningful discussion on the
topic is impossible.

Marriage is the union of a man and woman as husband and wife. When at least
one of the persons is gay you have a gay marriage. Same-sex marriage cannot
exist because marriage, by definition, requires persons of opposite sex.

If we were discussing abortion procedures, we would be talking
about things like D&C, partial-birth abortions, and the like. The
discussion was about abortion, not procedures.

You obviously misunderstood the discussion.