Old March 9th 15, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default Flarm IGC files on non-IGC certified Flarm?

On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 3:27:37 PM UTC-4, Dan Daly wrote:
On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 12:55:07 PM UTC-4, Movses wrote:
I'm somewhat confused with the functionality of the flarm core in regards to producing flight traces.

I was never able to obtain a trace from my Flarm Core Pure.
I put the usb drive in, turn it on, wait for the light to settle to green, turn it off, pull the drive - nothing.
Updating settings from the drive does work, so I'm reasonably confident that the drive is being recognized.

Now, the unit does not have the IGC certification enabled. Originally I thought it simply meant that the traces produces would not be properly signed to be recognized as valid, but now I start questioning whether a non-IGC enabled Flarm produces logs at all?

I don't need to use the Flarm as a logger, but I did want to feed a file to the range analyzer to evaluate antenna placement.

Does anybody have an experience with this?

Thanks,
Movses

If you don't fly, it knows and doesn't produce a file. Manual page 20 says in part "Flight recording automatically starts when the aircraft starts moving and ends when the CORE is switched OFF or after more than 10 minutes of standstill." Have you flown with it?

Further, from the PowerFLARM North America FORUM page, they say that from firmware 2.60beta and on: "...Additions
- IGC format logging suitable for OLC and FLARM range analyzer [2]." Then, firmware 2.71 added IGC logging. So, once you fly, you should be good to go.

2D