Old May 26th 07, 12:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
[email protected][_1_]

Default buy or rent a 2006 182

On May 25, 7:32 pm, "Dan Luke" wrote:
"Montblack" wrote:
Not sure what your mission is, but:

http://www.ionaircraft.com/
Have considered the ION? g

Cool looking bird, but I need a long range IFR cruiser.

--
Dan
? at BFM

Dan

If you are looking for a long range IFR plane, you might want to look
at the Diamond Star DA-40. For the price of a 2006 182 you could
definitely get anything you want in the used DA-40 market. There are
11 of them on Controller listing from $140s to $200. I rented a couple
of DA-40s and was pretty impressed. I really liked the handling and
the visibility (seemed a lot more responsive than the SR-20), and they
move pretty fast for a 180hp fixed gear plane. When it is time to sell
the warbird, I'll deifnitely give them a consideration. Having flown
both recent 182s and DA-40s, unless I needed the lifting capacity of
the 182, I'd be tempted to go with the more fun plane to fly.

http://www.controller.com/listings/f...949231BCEF393B

Eric Bartsch
1959 Pilatus P-3 A-848