Old January 31st 07, 01:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Default Neptune at Dubbo

redc1c4 wrote:
CWO4 Dave Mann wrote:
This looks like the photo recon version with the zillion candlepower
strobes in the wing tips. Rare bird. The Mohawk had a similar system
only the strobe light was under the fuselage.

Cheers,

Dave

that's gotta make for interesting flying at night.....

redc1c4,
(a *little* too exciting for me. %-)

Hey Red, yes I imagine it was. I've been on the ground when we had an
IMINT mission come over and it was really creepy, like one of those
disco dance places during the 1970's with the strobes.

You could see it at Ft Huachuca, AZ all the time, almost every night.
Looked like the mothership beaming down. I wonder now why they didn't
design in an infrared system, but then the only thing I know about the
OV1 family is that it was so ugly it was beautiful. High performance
bug ...

Cheers,

Dave