Old May 26th 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default $1500 Cash Reward

Larry Dighera writes:

The founders of our fair nation found it prudent for its people to
bear arms, so as not to be easily conquered, much as the insurgents in
Iraq are able to resist occupation.

The founders were thinking of specific and temporary circumstances, not
necessarily of a permanent state.

And the odd thing about American gun owners is that they worry about being
"conquered" by their own government, rather than any outside force. I guess
being able to vote is less important than being able to shoot. The fact that
organized militaries can easily overwhelp a few rifles or pistols doesn't seem
to occur to anyone.

The notion made some sense in the eighteenth century, and its
underlying premise still holds today. Until the insurgents are
disarmed (at $3 billion/week all the arms in Iraq could have easily
been purchased) there will be no peace in the middle east.

Just let them all kill each other, and then deal with the survivors (and
they'll have to deal, because they'll need the money).