Old January 24th 20, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Colten Coughlin

Default Lowest power tow

On Monday, January 20, 2020 at 9:16:52 AM UTC-6, wrote:
On Monday, January 20, 2020 at 9:34:30 AM UTC-5, wrote:
"Is it time to design the sailplane towing version of the Dragonfly for when we run out of Pawnees? Be interesting to see what the soaring brain trust could come up with."

If only there was a way to get gliders in the air that didn't require dangerous and expensive rare airplanes... if only there was a "brain trust" elsewhere in the world we could look to for answers. Sigh... well it looks like we're alone with this mystery.

Giant rubber bands? Better yet a giant rubber band powered towplane.

Yes! I think you have come up with a new idea!