Old March 10th 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
WJRFlyBoy

Default Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path?

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 22:53:37 -0500, Highflyer wrote:

There are airparks and airparks. Some have adequate width runways and
taxiways. I have also landed at some that made me feel like I was attacking
Darth Vader with an X-wing. I landed at one where I had about twenty feet
clearance for my wingtips while descending into the canyon made by
encroaching hangars and homes! I was NOT comfortable. I came there from
another airpark with a 22 foot wide runway, where I felt perfectly
comfortable, even in a brisk crosswind because they kept the homes and
hangars well back from the runway.

Highflyer

This is my point, not picking particular, well, I guess I am, on the
Captiva folks but this looks awful slim widthwise.
--
Remove numbers for gmail and for God's sake it ain't "gee" either!