Old March 10th 04, 03:59 AM
Jay Beckman

"Buff5200" wrote in message

Cub Driver wrote:

Right, and fire engines used to be red but now are yellow.

All the fire engines in our town went back to Red after a decade of
yellow/green.

It was found that Lighting is much more important than the color for
visibility.

And when our fire trucks were yellow/green the public thought they were
highway/garbage trucks. We went back to Red because that's the color
the public most associates with fire trucks.

CD,

Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know what the upside of painting
Fire/Rescue Vehicles WHITE was supposed to be?

I don't see too many these days, but for a while it was quite prevalent
around the Phoenix metro area.

TIA,

Jay