Old September 11th 06, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

Default "FAA Survey"?

Andrew Gideon wrote:

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:03:26 -0500, Jim Burns wrote:

It wouldn't take much mental effort to search the FAA's pilot database
online then start calling pilots.

In fact, one new airpark in this area did precisely that for marketing
purposes not too long ago.

I noticed that relatively recently the FAA did take into account pilots'
privacy -- and made good on opt-out requests (I don't remember how I did
it, but it is an option you can request); for instance my records no
longer show up when I do an online search. Now, of course, I suppose
there are a number of copies of older versions of this database floating
around.

--Sylvain