Old May 17th 20, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Apps for recording and uploading to the OLC?

On Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 1:47:08 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I was using see you recorder app, but it no longer works. I am looking for a replacement. Does anyone have suggestions?

I’ve seen skylogger xxl, skyvario, iglide and sensbox. None of them have enough ratings to know which one is worthwhile purchasing.

If a anyone on this discussion has used any of the apps I’ve mentioned, or if you have other suggestions, I’d like to know.

I use the IGCdroid app for Android. It is free to try, and $10 (once) for full functionality. It serves more than one purpose. You can (optionally) have it send your flight log data to Glideport.aero in spurts while you fly, for real-time tracking. It needs a cellphone data connection (at least occasionally) to do that. It also records the flight internally, cellphone service not needed for that (can use a spare phone with no service plan at all). After you land the same app can (optionally) email that IGC file to email addresses you designate. It does not upload directly to OLC (AFAIK), but you can do that later, from the same phone (using a web browser app), of from any other device that can receive the IGC file via email. Thank you Alan Walls!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.ajw.igcdroid