Old May 20th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default OT outsourcing

Ok, here's my "outsource" story of the week...
We pack our packages of potatoes on pallets, an industry sorespot. So some
chain stores request Chep pallets... the blue pallets that come from Chep
Co, a pallet rental company which is based in Australia, but has operations
world wide... So the other day I order a load of pallets from them....

It is scheduled to load in Quebec, Canada and the dispatcher calls me
speaking broken French...

He conferences me with a truckdriver, who is obviously Indian...

So, I get Australian pallets from Canada through a guy that speaks French,
hauled to me by a guy from India just so my Mexican employees can pack
potatoes on them because my American customer is afraid that his American
customers or employees might injure themselves on a cheap American pallet
and get sued by a high priced American lawyer.

The whole thing sounds totally anti-American, but it looks like the rest of
the world is getting rich from it!

Jim

"FLAV8R" wrote in message Well if Air & Space
is anything like the rest of corporate America and
like the company I work for, then they have outsourced their magazine
to India where they may or may not get the facts straight.

David - Any typos are not necessarily the fault of responder due to
outsourcing this
response was not sent out be me.