Old August 3rd 06, 05:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.products
Mike Noel

Default Mounting "portable" avionics

I don't think this discussion was about panel mounting portable avionics,
but I thought I would share what 'Dave' the avionics guy at our airport told
me. I want to remove my old clunker ADF from the copilot side and install
an airgizmo mount with the 15 degree angle adapter. He thinks since the
hole will already be there from removing the ADF, the only paperwork
necessary is updating the maintenance logs and the weight-and-balance
information.

Hope he's right.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 21:45:27 -0400, Bob Noel wrote:

would ram-mounts be useful for you?

I don't know; I'm not familiar with this. But it lead me to:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/av/mounts.html

which looks like it has some promise.

This, for example:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...ssnarailmt.php

looks "attractive". I've long wanted a cup holder, for example laugh!

It doesn't seem like it solves any wiring problems, though. Am I missing
something?

And can these be installed by anyone? Is it a 337 sort of thing (I'm
thinking of problems with Cessna seat rails in the past)?

Thanks...

Andrew