Old December 22nd 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default Airports databases in LX instruments

On Dec 21, 2:49*pm, Tuno wrote:
Yeah, the SN10 does not seem to distinguish between airport and
turnpoint data. My LX7007 does -- I can load turnpoints from a file on
an SD card, and I can load airports from an .LXA file (the proprietary
file), but one gets used by the "Airports" page and the other by the
"TP" page. (Although landable turnpoints do show up in the "Near
Airports" listing.)

2NO

Actually, the SN10 format lets you specify what each waypoint is:
Start, Finish, Turnpoint, Airport, Landable. Makes it easy to sort
and add/delete in Wordpad or better.

Simple and works well enought - but Ilec really needs to come up with
an "SN11" that doesn't require a DOS 'puter to talk to it, has an USB
port & SD card, talks to mSeeYou, color display, etc...

Santa, you listening?

Kirk
SN10 enthusiast